Forum Discussion

dyann
Experienced Cover User
7 days ago

desktop vs online

When I log into the online version of MYOB, nothing has synced with my desktop since 07 July!

I generally use the desktop but needed to log in and use the cloud version.  But I could not since it was totally inaccurate.  What has happened? And how to fix this issue?

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dyann

It sounds like you're facing a sync issue between the desktop and online versions of MYOB. Here’s how you can resolve it:

1. Clear the Cache:
      Old data in the cache might cause discrepancies. Clear both your AccountRight cache and browser cache to refresh the data.
      • For AccountRight (desktop): Follow these steps to clear the cache.
      • For your Browser: Clear the browser cache via your browser settings.
    2. Check for Updates: Ensure that both your desktop software and online version are updated to the latest versions.
    3. Verify Your Internet Connection: Make sure your internet connection is stable while saving or syncing data.

You can also visit this post for additional insights.

Regards,
    Earl

dyann
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Earl

Thanks for that

Would you please advise the sets for clearing the AccountRight Cache as you stated in your email to follow these steps  but never listed them.  I can follow older queries to how to do this but wish to ensure the commands have not changed in 6 years.

Regards

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi dyann 

The post that Earl_HD linked in his article has a link to the cache clearing instructions They are a little out of date in that the location is now:

C:\Users\<usename>\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\Cache

FYI - syncing between local and online files ceased in 2020. Nowadays the file can only exist in one location, and can then be moved from online to offline by backup and restoring. Whether you access an online file via the desktop application or the browser, you should see the same thing as you are accessing the same file. However as Earl noted, sometimes use of cached files does lead to display issues.

Regards

Gavin

dyann
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Earl

One further query

I update whenever prompted so surely both desktop and online would both be updated at this time?

Regards