Forum Discussion

Betabiz
Experienced Cover User
24 days ago

Error 0: Unexpected import error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi

Im trying to import customer cards, with a Y to make the card inactive, and getting this error.

Please advise

Thanks

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Betabiz

I see that you are having difficulties updating customer cards by importing. Generally, the error message you encounter appears if one or more of the line items do not match the import data. It might be best to redo the import template is it will be hard to identify which item requires to correcting. You can read through this article 'Using an Import Template' for a detailed guide.  

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Betabiz
      Experienced Cover User

Hi - Im trying a number of things to fix this.  I am literally importing 2 fields.  The company name (to update the existing card) and the card status.  I had a similar problem importing inactive status to items in this file, which was fixed by MYOB running a script on the file.  Is this something that could be done on the Card File?

I managed to successfully import and update some of the cards, but not all, and there is no logical reason that I can see for this to not work.  With the exception that these cards may have been set up by being imported from a 3rd party program

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Betabiz 

If you are importing 2 fields, I suggest you use RecordID and card status. RecordID is a unique field, company name might not be and this will cause errors.

Regards

Gavin