Forum Discussion

16 days ago

Importing food order directly into invoicing

Hi, I run a food retail and wholesale business and receive orders via excel. How do I import those excel orders into MYOB so that I can automatically generate invoices instead of manually creating each invoice. 

The excel order uses the same Item names as listed in MYOB.  Thanks in advance,

PP

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi PrimeProducts , there are several ways to go about this in AccountRight:

• manual import using the import/export wizard. For this to work, your orders file need to have columns to match MYOB's requirements. The best start point is to export some existing sales orders/invoices, with all columns, and align your excel order file and data to match. (Customer names need to match MYOB). Then save the excel file as a txt file (tab-delimited would be my preference) and try a manual import. Backups before importing are vital, until you get used to the process.
      There is a big learning curve with manual imports, but if it works, it's a free solution.

• Second option is to try using an add-on program like Transpost (transpost.com.au), which is a clever program to streamline the import process. Orders would be posted via the API to your MYOB file. There would be a charge for this program.

• Third option is to have a developer like us write a custom import program using your excel file as is. Orders would be posted via the API. This option is probably more expensive but very tailored.