Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Importing product data into an open invoice, using excel spreadsheet

Hi MYOB community,

I am trying to figure out how i can open a new customer invoice, and then once the invoice is open, import product/sales data into the new invoice using an excel spreadsheet file. The excel file would only contain the following three data columns - 'Ship (qty)' / 'Item Number' / 'Price'.

I would think this should be a simple action, if MYOB was moderately ai advanced?

Please see screenshot below of example excel spreadsheet data. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, KateWoo :)

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KateWoo,

Importing data directly into an open invoice from an Excel spreadsheet is not a built-in feature in MYOB. However, we do have the In Tray feature, which allows you to upload and manage documents like bills or receipts and match them with transactions in your MYOB system.

Regards,

Sai

• Thank you for your reply. That is not the function i am trying achieve. I see there are some 3rd party apps such as Transpost or BusinessImporter that can be purchased to do this (but don't want to pay for another subscription) - its just shame that MYOB does offer a feature like this, it really should be more ai savvy with these kind of import features. Thank you.