Forum Discussion

jopathim
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

Deleting YEARS of old bank feeds

Hi 

I have seen similar questions as I have 4 years of bank feeds to hide and that would TAKE too much time.

My question is - If I delete my bank account feeds in MYOB with my bank will that delete ALL these old transactions? 

If so then am I able to do a FRESH reapplication  for bank feeds from my same account again with the bank and then I would ONLY receive the current transactions - which is what I was after????

PS I have seen in other questions that MYOB can delete these old bank feeds as well but was wondering if that incurred a cost to do so

I look forward to your reply

Regards

Jo-Ann 

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jopathim,

If you delete your bank account feeds in MYOB, it will not automatically delete the transactions that have already been imported or reconciled in MYOB. The transactions will remain in your MYOB file even after the bank feeds are removed.

However, if you reapply for bank feeds from the same bank account, only the new transactions that have not yet been imported will be fetched. This will help you avoid re-importing old transactions, which seems to be what you're aiming for.

Regarding your question about MYOB deleting old bank feeds, yes, our team can assist with the removal of old feeds if needed. There may be a cost associated with this service, depending on the specifics of your request. I recommend submitting a support case via MyAccount. You must take a backup of your file prior to requesting a removal. You also need to avoid use of the Bank feeds screen and Get Transactions button until sent a confirmation email by the DX Team.

Regards,

Sai

jopathim
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Sai

I cancelled the bank feeds (5 years were sitting on the bank feeds) 

My opinion is that it should NOT be this hard to delete un-used bank feeds. AND something MYOB should look into fixing in their program.  

I will look into getting MYOB to delete the old ones but if expensive I will just leave it and continue old school bank rec's. 

Regards

Jo-Ann 

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi jopathim,

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. If you ever need assistance in the future, feel free to post again.

Regards,

Sai