Forum Discussion

27 days ago

Reporting on business VISA debit card expenses

Hello, any help appreciated.

Our church has a debit card that I can use for petty cash, fuel, stationery etc. But these expenses don't show up in MYOB allocated to a specific account, they're just allocated to the general account. But each transaction does include in the description the last four digits of the card number. So I can filter for transactions easily. 

But I want to be able to just click on a report that lists all expenses paid for using that card. How do I do that?

I tried to create a 'job' that they could be allocated to, and then tried it as a 'contact', but both of those rules required the transaction to be allocated to a Category as well. So it was useless. 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Paul81

I understand you want to generate a report for all expenses paid using your debit card in MYOB Business. Unfortunately, MYOB Business doesn’t offer a direct option to generate a report specifically by card number.

However, if you create a liability account for the debit card and link all related bills to this account, you can run a report and adjust the report options to filter by the relevant category.

For more information, please refer to this help page: Business reports

Regards,
    Earl