Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Splitting a bank receipt into an invoice payment and a prepayment or deposit against future purchases

Hello,

I have received payment in the bank which exceeds the invoice amount and which the customer has asked me to keep as a deposit towards something else he wants to buy. I dont want to invoice the potential sale because it isn't certain yet and I may have to refund him. How do I go about recording the payment of the invoice and the customer desposit towards future sales ? I can figure out how to do one or the other but can't figure out how to do both. Thank you. George

• Hi GeorgeC1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

If a customer pays you too much, record the whole payment in MYOB; a customer return credit will be created for the overpaid amount. For more information on customer overpayments, take a look at the Help Article: Customer Overpayments and Double Payments.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

• Hi GeorgeC1,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

If a customer pays you too much, record the whole payment in MYOB; a customer return credit will be created for the overpaid amount. For more information on customer overpayments, take a look at the Help Article: Customer Overpayments and Double Payments.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella