Forum Discussion

26 days ago

Approving Manager Cannot View or Approve Employee Timesheets

I have two businesses with each business having a dedicated manager. Each manager is an employee (ie. should not have admin rights or wage payment access), and has staff allocated to them via the MYOB Teams app. The extent of their responsibility should only to approve timesheets and nothing else in MYOB.

Under MYOB Teams, I have set up two different locations. Each location with just one (different) manager listed as an approving manager, and the correct employees under them. This was running fine until a couple of months ago when both managers were suddenly unable to view or approve timesheets of every employees. 

Error message both of them get is  - 'Sorry about that! There was an error retrieving your timesheets, please try again later.'

Fixes tried:

• Deleting and Reinstalling app
  • Used both new android and new iPhones with up to date OS
  • Confirmed that the timesheet function is ticked in MYOB Business
  • Confirmed that all employees are set as hourly pay basis
  • Deleted Location and created a new Location. Employees re-added
  • Deleted Employees and added Employees in again

The issue is persisting. 

I have contacted support but they are adamant that both employees must have 'admin' or 'payroll' user access in order to simply approve timesheets. This means they will have access to other parts of the business such as accounting, wage payments, super payments etc. This was never the case previously. Is this correct? Is this what everyone else's understanding and what everyone else is doing?

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JWorkright,

If you've already tried most of the troubleshooting steps, the next recommendation is to remove and re-add the two approving managers. If the error message still appears after that, it's best to approve the timesheets on the admin portal instead of the mobile app. You can find more details on how to use the MYOB Team admin portal here: MYOB Team admin portal.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

• Hi Genreve,

That is exactly what I have done multiple times. I have removed and re-added the two approving managers and the issue persists. 

The problem is, that the managers are employees, that they should not have admin access or payroll user access. They should only approve timesheets. MYOB team admin portal is only accessible to those with admin rights which is not something I want my employees to have.

Do you have any other solution where I, as the owner, am not the one who has to approve the timesheets all the time?

Isaiah_C
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JWorkright,

Looks like your issue is similar to the one discussed in this post. Please review the solution provided here, and if the problem persists, please reach out to our live chat support through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai