Forum Discussion

eivalicabinets
Experienced User
3 months ago

EOFY Finalisation - YTD verification report and Payroll Summary reports do not match due to a non reportable wage item. Is this acceptable?

Hello,

I am doing EOFY Finalisations. There is a wage item for an employee that is "staff reimbursements" for a busines purchase they made that I've reimbursed them for. I believe I set this up properly using MYOB's help page for this. When I pull the Payroll Summary report, the amount includes the reimbursement. When I pull the YTD verification report, the amount is "$34.19" less which is the exact amount of the reimbursement.

I believe that because this wage item is "not reportable" it will not show up in the YTD verification report. I've pulled summary reports for each employee and added the gross figures which equals the same total as the YTD verification report but again is missing the "$34.19" reimbursement amount.

When following MYOB's steps for preparing for EOFY, it says that I can't finalise until the Payroll Summary and the YTD Verification reports match. Because the reimbursements wage item is not reportable, I don't think these reports will ever match. 

Would I be correct in believing that this is okay and I can continue with my EOFY finalisations even if the Payroll Summary and YTD Verification reports don't match because of this non-reportable wage item? Or could it be that I've gone wrong somewhere. I've changed the ATO category, reversed the pay-run and re-done the pay-run and it hasn't changed anything. If there's any advice or tips any of you could give me that would be so helpful. It could be that I don't need to worry about the reports not matching but I would like to be sure.

Thank you in advance :) 

• Hi eivalicabinets

If the YTD Verification Report doesn't match the Payroll Summary Report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments will only show in YTD Verification Report. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. Let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi eivalicabinets

If the YTD Verification Report doesn't match the Payroll Summary Report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments will only show in YTD Verification Report. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. Let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

eivalicabinets
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks so much for your fast response.

I added the gross payments from each employee's Individual Summary Payments and the value matches the subtotal of "Total Payments" and "Total STP Taxable Wages" in YTD Verification Report. It does not however match the "Salary and wages" subtotal in the Payroll Summary Report (The Salary and wages subtotal includes the non-reportable reimbursement amount).

This is so incredibly confusing but am I correct in believing that I can proceed with EOFY finalisation from here as the extra amount shown in the Payroll summary report was non-reportable and therefore will not show in YTD verification report total?

JenSz

From her response to my question below - it sounds like we are fine to proceed with finalisation.  It seems like they have not worded their instructions for finalising payroll accurately :-/

It seems like as long as the Gross Payments subtotal matches, you're good to go.

• I've come to ask the exact same question as I have the exact same issue.  So Doreen_P are you saying that as long as the Gross Payments subtotal (not the total Summary and Wages) on the Payroll Summary Report matches the Total salary and wages on the YTD verification report - we are fine to proceed with EOFY payroll finalisation?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JenSz

Yes, that is correct! As long as the figures agree to each other, then you're good to go. Just let me know if there's anything I can assist you with.

Best regards,
    Doreen