Forum Discussion

sueoptom
Experienced User
11 days ago

Paying Super that has been reported in another account

Hi,

I had to close a previous MYOB account and reopen a new one in Myob Business. Prior to this I recorded a Super payment to the ATO, but hadn't paid the employee.  How can I now pay this Super payment from my new account without doubling up on the ATO reporting?

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sueoptom,

It does make it complicated if the payment was processed from the previous subscription but not paid. If the superannuation payment in question is from a previously closed financial year, you may need to ask for advice on how to proceed with this from an accountant. However, if the superannuation is part of the current financial year, you can re-enter the pay run transactions in your MYOB subscription. Once these transactions are recorded, check the payroll reports and make any necessary adjustments to the pay history under the employee's card file to ensure the correct amounts are reported to the ATO.

Please note doing this will make the Pay Run Activity Report not match the Payroll Register, as it will be off by the amount recorded for pay superannuation.

Let us know if you need any further help with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

sueoptom
    Experienced User

Hi Genreve, The Super is part of last financial year (June payment) and was recorded to ATO in the last subscription.  It is sitting in the trial balance for the new subscription as a Superannuation Liability. 

The payment needs to be paid now though through the new subscription and I cant get access to the super account to transfer the funds.  My accountant doesn't know.  Any ideas on what I can do?

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi sueoptom,

Thanks for your response. Handling unpaid super payments from a closed financial year can be tricky, and getting advice from an accountant is needed. However, I can suggest a couple of options to manage this:

• You can create a new pay run specifically for the super payments. Make sure not to report this to the ATO. This will generate the super payments for you to process in the Pay Superannuation screen.
      • Alternatively, you could handle it with a Spend Money transaction.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else I can help you with.

Cheers.
      Princess