Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Reversal a payrun twice

Hi

I am seeking for help. After processing a pay run and the electronic payment was made, I reversed the payrun twice. 

It's end up with 2 reversals for one pay run. I check the pay run history and ATO report, the YTD figures is matching with each other. However, the clearing account, PAYG withholding and Superaccount is incorrect because the payrun was reversed 2 times. 

Since electronic payment was made, I will keep the original payrun. Can some one help me how to fix clear the 2 reversals. 

Thank you so much.

Huong

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HuongD,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Could you please check the other payroll reports, such as the payroll register and payroll activity, to see if the correct figures are showing? Also, kindly confirm if the PAYG withholding and superannuation were incorrect because they are still sitting in the clearing account. If you can attach any relevant screenshots of your concern about incorrect PAYG and super. This way, I would be able to assist you further. Make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the Forum. I'm looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,

Doreen

HuongD

Hi Doreen,

I have run the payroll summary, the YTD figures in MYOB matches with the YTD figures reported to ATO. As you can see from the screen shot, the YTD remains unchanged throughout the 3 transactions (original payrun- 46 and other 2 reversed payruns). And when I run the Journal transaction report, both reversed transactions were debit to clearing account, PAYG withholding account, superannuation account. As a result the balance of these accounts are incorrect. 

Because the payment was made for the payrun 46, I want to keep the it and need to remove the 2 reversed transactions of the payrun 46. Could you show me how to make the adjustments in this case?

Thanks,

Huong

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HuongD,

Could you please take a moment to review the payroll register, payroll activity, and YTD verification report? It's essential to double-check those figures to ensure accuracy. If you could provide screenshots of those reports, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Doreen