Forum Discussion

2 years ago

STP reporting doesn't match ATO record (or maybe it does??)

Hi, As a newbie on MYOB (since 1 July 2023)  I'm not finding the STP reporting process very intuitive. I've completed 3 monthly pay runs for Jul-Aug-Sep fine, but only the Sep one is showing as cor...
    2 years ago

Hi Paul98,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum!  I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. To answer your question:

1. You should review the Payroll Register Report, the Payroll Activity Report, and the Year-to-Date Verification Report under EOFY finalization. If these reports match, it indicates that the correct figures are being reported to the ATO.

2. If the payment date on the payrun is from a previous date, the system will automatically recognize it as an update event, resulting in a $0 pay on the STP reporting. Rest assured that these $0 entries do not impact your year-to-date total

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
    Regards,
    Earl