Forum Discussion

Louise678
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago

Super Payment returned /change of fund

I have just had a super payment for June returned because the employee has changed super funds. I have updated her details with the new super fund but I have no idea how to pay the amount for June owing to her to her new super fund. I also have no idea what to do with the super returned . Is there a way to manually pay her new superfund for the June month and balance that with the amount that has been refunded ?? In a world of hurt here!!!!

• Hi Louise678,

It sounds like you're on the right track with reprocessing the returned super payments. Once you've got the super amount ready to go, you'll need to head over to Payroll > Super Payments to pay and authorise the reprocessed transaction. If you're still encountering challenges, feel free to reach out. 

Cheers,

Princess

Louise678
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Adrian for the reply. I have done all the steps on the Returned Super Contributions help sheet.I have reset her details to the new super account. I have categorised the returned amount to the super payable account/I have processed a negative and a positive payrun as directed. I am just stuck now on the final thing of reprocessing the returned payment into her new account. I have tried to create a super payment just for her but can't get that to work. We pay super monthly so the returned amount of 79.20 was for her June payments . Payment was returned on July 12th. Will this amount be added to her July payments when I make them through pay super or do I need to make this payment separately? Does my question make sense??

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Louise678,

It sounds like you're on the right track with reprocessing the returned super payments. Once you've got the super amount ready to go, you'll need to head over to Payroll > Super Payments to pay and authorise the reprocessed transaction. If you're still encountering challenges, feel free to reach out. 

Cheers,

Princess