Forum Discussion

LBInteriors
Contributing Cover User
13 days ago

Financial Position and P&L don't match

How can it be that the figures in the Financial position (in dashboard) do not match the P&L. Both have the same accounting settings, i.e. both are set to accrual and exc GST

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LBInteriors,

It's definitely confusing when the numbers in the Financial Position  don't match up with the Profit & Loss (P&L) report, especially when both are set to accrual and exclude GST.

Here are a few things you can double-check that might help clear things up:

• Make sure the reporting periods are the same.
    • Look for any unposted transactions or adjustments.
    • Ensure all accounts are reconciled.
    • Double-check the accounting method.

Since it's tricky to pinpoint the exact cause of the differences, it might help to share screenshots of both reports with our phone or live chat support team. To connect with a live chat agent, please start by contacting our virtual assistant, MOCA, through myob.com/support. If MOCA is unable to resolve your issue, it will transfer you directly to our live chat team for further help. Also, you can raise a support ticket via My Account.

Cheers,

Princess

Conspirio
      Experienced User

HOW DO I EVEN POST A QUESTION NOW? I CANNOT FIND THE "ASK A QUESTION" TAB OR CREATE A POST TAB ANYWHERE. 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Conspirio,

Looks like you’re getting the hang of the new community forum layout. To make a post, you'll need to navigate directly to the board that relates to your question. Once you're on the appropriate board, you should see an option to start a new post. If you need more help, check out this thread.

Cheers,

Princess