Forum Discussion

myobuser20
Contributing User
9 days ago

How far back can I look in MYOB?

I have had MYOB Essentials (which is now MYOB Business) for some time now, and as time passes, I want to make sure I can look back on old records if I desire. For example, look at the individual transactions under a certain Account for a certain time period.

My question is: will MYOB keep the bank transactions and journals back further than whatever I am required to keep so I can run reports on data that is (say) 12 or 15 years old if I want to?

In other words, does MYOB automatically cleanse the data that is older than any retention period imposed on the business, or is it kept in perpetuity until the business decides to cleanse it?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey myobuser20,

Let me assist you with your concern question about your data and for how long you can access it. MYOB Business retains your data, including bank transactions and journals, for as long as you maintain your subscription. This means you can access and run reports on historical data, even if it is 12 or 15 years old, provided you have not manually deleted it. Therefore, you can rest assured that your old records will be available whenever you need them. However, if a subscription has been cancelled, the company file remains accessible for 30 days. Beyond this period, the file will be archived. With this process, the file is preserved for 365 days. After that, it undergoes permanent deletion. 

Best regards,

Doreen