Forum Discussion

MWASA24
Contributing User
2 months ago

Payroll Register and Payroll Activity doesn't match.

Hello and G'day, 

While finalizing my work for audit, I discovered that my payroll register and activity does not match. I have identified the employee and the amount discrepancies. Despite adjusting the payslip and attempting to reverse the pay run, the amount still does not reconcile. 

I also have processed the pay run for this financial year. 

Regards,

Puteri

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MWASA24,

Thank you for the post. It sounds like the issue might be related to how wages are reported as gross payments versus other pay items. Note that the YTD Verification Report shows all wages reported as gross payments. Under the EOFY finalisation tab, click the three dots next to the employee's name to view the individual summary payments. This will provide a breakdown of other pay items not reported as gross payments. Add the Gross YTD figures from the individual summary payments to the YTD Verification Report. This should reconcile and ensure everything matches the Payroll Activity Summary and Payroll Register reports.

Regards,

Sai

MWASA24
    Contributing User

Hello/G'day

Thank you for the prompt reply and really appreciate your help.

May I know how to "add the Gross YTD figures from the individual summary payments to the YTD Verification Report"?

Kind Regards,

Puteri

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MWASA24

You will need to add them manually. For example, your Gross YTD from the EOFY Finalisation tab, and then you add figures from the Individual Payment Summary and you should get the correct total. Feel free to post again if you require further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

MWASA24
    Contributing User

Hello Doreen,

Thank you for the reply. 

I think I require further assistance as I still could not figure out how to add the amount manually.

Do I enter it manually from the EOFY Finalisation Tab or somewhere else?

Appreciate the help.

Kind Regards,

Puteri

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MWASA24

You don't need to enter the total to any of the window from your MYOB Business. To have more information, which payroll report has the correct figures? Will it be the payroll register or the payroll activity? Also, you can check the YTD verification report if it has the correct figures.

Best regards,

Doreen

MWASA24
    Contributing User

Hello Doreen,

The payroll activity has the correct figures.

The YTD Verification has the same amount with the payroll register.

However, the payroll activity and register does not match.

I can provide the report if you want to take a look.

Kind Regards,

Puteri

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MWASA24

Thank you for providing the details from your reports. The data in the Payroll Register report is based on the pay history found in the employee's card, which also serves as the foundation for the Year-to-Date (YTD) reports. To ensure the accuracy of the Payroll Register report, you'll need to adjust the Pay History for your employees manually. For more detailed information, I recommend visiting this link:  https://community.myob.com/discussions/staffing_and_payroll/accountright-report-not-matching-my-stp-report/757316.

If you need assistance with any other issues, please don't hesitate to create a new thread.

Thanks,

Genreve

MWASA24
    Contributing User

Hello Genreve,

Thank you for your reply.

So, two things that I need some clarification from you guys; 

1. Do I need to adjust the YTD Pay History or the payslip? 

2. If I do need to adjust the pay history, in the pay history tab, there's an option to choose what month to adjust, should I just choose the "Year-To-Date" or the month that the payroll activity and register doesn't match? 

Appreciate the help.

Kind Regards,

Puteri

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MWASA24,

Thanks for your response! To make things a bit simpler, you first need to check which payroll report is accurate, whether it's the payroll register or the payroll activity. Then, you can compare it with the EOFY verification report before making any changes. The payroll activity report gets its data from the pay runs you've processed, while the payroll register gets its data from the employees' card histories. If your payroll register and activity report aren't matching, then you'll need to fix the pay history on the employees' cards. To identify the differences from the employee card file pay history, you can run the activity detail report monthly. Then, make adjustments for the month causing the issue. Once you've made the adjustments, you can check the EOFY verification report to see if everything matches up.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess