Forum Discussion

2 months ago

New invoicing glitch?

Hi, as of today 9/8/24, I'm noticing that I no longer have the ability to freely edit the information in each column while editing recurring invoices.

For example, if I click into the description column on a recurring invoice to add a date, I can no longer click exactly where I want the cursor. When I click inside the description box it places the cursor at the end of the pre-filled information.

This is a big issue for me as I need to add details to each invoice.

My only option is to use the keyboard arrows to move the cursor to where I need it. This is very time consuming.

I've only noticed this issue today, however I haven't invoiced since last Friday so the problem could have started in the last 7 days.

Please help!! :)

Pen2350
    Contributing User

Hi,

I have posted twice before in regards to the problem of not being able to edit the information along the description line in an Invoice and having to use the cursor. This problem has still not been addressed and I have not had a reply from MYOB about this problem.

It might be only happening with Firefox, but if so, still needs to be addressed by MYOB.

Again, hopefully MYOB will fix this glitch!

Pen2350
    Contributing User

Hi,

I am also having the same glitch issue with the Invoice description line and have to use the cursor to get around the description/amount line when adding and changing information, and also cannot cut and paste information into the description line.

This starting happening about 3 weeks ago (start of August). I have tried using 2 other computers with different Window versions, but have the same problem.

From the discussion here it seems it might be using myob on Firefox that has the glitch, but I want to stay using Firefox. 

Hopefully myob will look into this.

Pen2350
      Contributing User

Hi,

I posted about the glitch about 5 days ago, and received a badge for participating in the Community forum. But still no response from MYOB about the problem  - re fixing the glitch (Invoice description line and have to use the cursor to get around the description/amount line when adding and changing information, and also cannot cut and paste information into the description line.) 

Someone on the Community Forum has suggested it might be the browser (Firefox maybe), but I use Firefox and if it is  this particular browser I feel that MYOB should ensure the glitch is fixed (have been using MYOB for approx. 5 years and always used Firefox).

Cruising1974
        Experienced Cover User

Oh a badge............ how wonderful hahahahahahahahahaha!   We don't need a badge - we need to have MYOB to fix the problem.

A human reply would be great also,  not a reply by a bot!

Do better MYOB.  Also,  it's not a cache problem - how many times do we need to tell you MYOB?

• I'm also having the same issue even after clearing cache.

Cruising1974
      Experienced Cover User

Same!  I did some troubleshooting and noticed that the problem is with Firefox and not Safari so I'm now using Safari.  I much prefer Firefox (I don't know why haha) but at least I'm not wearing out my arrow buttons now lol lol lol

FYI I'm using a Mac computer and MYOB business plan.

Hope you get yours fixed soon too!

FJM3

Thank you, worked a treat! Had to move from Chrome to Firefox a while back for same issue. What will we do when Safari has issues????

Cruising1974
    Experienced Cover User

This is happening to me also. It started for me on Thursday 8th August.  It's really annoying and very time consuming.  Nothing has changed at my end so it must be a MYOB thing.

Please fix asap

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cruising1974,

I understand how invoicing is an important part of your business. If you haven't already done so, I recommend clearing your AccountRight and browser cache as Mike_James suggested. 

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks,
      Genreve

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LSHMND

It seems that the recurring invoice window is acting differently in your end. I tried replicating it on my end and I seem to not have the same issue. Additionally, there is no reported instance of an issue similar to what you described. I recommend trying to recreate the same task in a different computer to see if the same issue appears. As it is potentially connected to the browser/computers settings. 

Let us know the results of testing and or if you need any further help with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Denver_B
      Experienced User

I've had the same issue start at about the same time; it was working fine on the 6th, and I noticed it on the 8th after taking the 7th off. It occurs on new and existing invoice/bill pages, for the main entry fields (Description, quantity, prices etc.). Not only does it always place the cursor at the end of the text, it also disables you from highlighting text. 

I tried it on a different computer and it doesn't seem to have the same problem.