Forum Discussion

ActonUser
Cover User
3 months ago

Personal leave

I just discovered that personal leave has not been deducting the hours taken from the accruals. 

I have two personal leave accrual categories - yearly and monthly. Both are linked to deduct when the personal leave pay category is used.

Any suggestions of how to fix this?

• Hi ActonUser,

Thanks for your post. In order for entitlements to be reduced by hours taken you need to select a Linked Wages Category in the entitlement payroll category.  To ensure leave is paid and accrued correctly, you need:

1. A wage pay item – this is used to pay the leave
    2. A leave pay item – this is used to work out how the leave accrues and updates leave balances when leave is taken.

Here's an example pay that shows the wage pay item being used to pay 7.6 hours of annual leave. It also shows how the leave pay item automatically calculates how much annual leave is being accrued on this pay.

You may also check out this helpful article for more detailed information about personal leave. 

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

• I have just found out i have the same problem and its been happening for well over a year.  My categories are setup correctly, have no idea whats going on

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi frustrated2,

If the setup is correct, this may require individual assistance on the backend. I recommend contacting our support team for further help. You can start by reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, at myob.com/support. If MOCA can’t resolve the issue, it will transfer you to a live chat agent for more detailed assistance.

Regards,
      Earl