Experienced Cover User
3 months ago

Annual Leave, Annual Leave Loading & Personal Leave

Hi, 

I am confused as to which one is correct:

Payroll - Pay Items - Annual Leave percentage is 7.6923

Payroll - Pay Items - Annual Leave Loading percentage is 0.175

Payroll - Pay Items - Personal Leave percentage is 3.84615

Payroll - Wages and Salary - Annual Leave Pay Rate - Regular rate multiplied by 7.6923 or Fixed hourly                 rate of 7.6923 ?

Payroll - Wages and Salary - Annual Leave Loading Pay Rate - Regular rate multiplied by 0.1750 or Fixed               hourly rate of 0.1750 ?

Payroll - Wages and Salary - Personal Leave Pay Rate - Regular rate multiplied by 3.8461 or Fixed hourly               rate of 3.8461 ?

We are paid by the hour. Which one should I use in:

Payroll - Wages and Salary - Regular rate multiplied by or Fixed hourly rate of?

What is Override employees wage expense category? 

What is Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details?

Please help, thank you.

Kind regards,

Shepai

• Hi Shepai-8-2017,

I understand that you're a bit confused about which pay rate to use. Generally, the pay rate should be based on the wages your employee should have. 

The Help article, Wages, covers the pay rate details you need. Regarding the "Override employees' wage expense category," this feature lets you assign a different expense account for wages if needed. The "Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details" option ensures that any changes to the base hourly rate or salary are automatically updated in the employee's pay details.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi Shepai-8-2017,

I understand that you're a bit confused about which pay rate to use. Generally, the pay rate should be based on the wages your employee should have. 

The Help article, Wages, covers the pay rate details you need. Regarding the "Override employees' wage expense category," this feature lets you assign a different expense account for wages if needed. The "Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details" option ensures that any changes to the base hourly rate or salary are automatically updated in the employee's pay details.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess