Forum Discussion

Loppy22
Contributing User
2 months ago

An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded

Hi, 
We are trying to enter a sale into the system and we are receiving the error message that - An Unbalanced Trasaction may not  be recorded.
Help! 

• Hi Loppy22 - thanks for your question.

If you're entering amounts with 3 decimal places on your invoice (for example $292.565), any amounts ending in a 5 will be rounded down instead of up, and will result in an unbalanced transaction.

To fix this problem, you'll need to manually adjust the amount to the rounded value in whole cents. For example, if you're entering an amount of $292.565, change it to $292.57.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

Loppy22
    Contributing User

Thanks Adrian for your reply.
    Its an unusual thing. We entered it via our scanner and it was correct, then we editted some prices via the desktop and those came up with the 3 decimal places.
    I have just reentered prices and then created a test invoice from the desk top and everythign was whole cents. 

Why is it changing?

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Loppy22 ,

My apologies for the late response. I’d like to check if you’re still experiencing this issue. If so, please try clicking in the field and manually typing the amounts. This should help bypass the problem.

Regards,
      Earl