Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Customise Receipts - Changing Date Format

Hey MYOB team

Can anyone tell me if this issue with US date format on Custome receipt, has been fixed? I 

I tried everything I could to fix this problem, I changed Region settings on my Windows 10, also made sure that all LANGUAGE  prompts on my pc such as: (Windows Display, Apps &Websites, Regional format, Keyboard & speech are English Australia instead of English US) but nothing worked. How bizarre that actual Receipt date comes in Australian format but client's invoice dates that are in receipt come with US format.

Please let me know how to fix this asap.

Thanks

• Hi KarinaPagotto 

Thank you so much for your post. 

I understand that this issue was really frustrating and confusing on your end and i know this issue makes you upset. I am happy to help you with this. 

In this matter, it sounds like he Win 10 was set up for American Format. To change it to AU/NZ, you can check on this link https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Change+the+date+and+currency+format   or this Help Article: Change the date and currency format. It contains the process on how you can change the format on your Windows control panel. 

Let me know how you go, or if you need further assistance with this. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi KarinaPagotto , Celia_B , this is a longstanding issue with receipts from online files. So far, no solution is in sight, and the suggested steps will not help.

• Hi KarinaPagotto 

After reviewing on the updates and the appropriate team, and also as mentioned by Mike_James, The problem has been ongoing for a long time, and we are unable to provide an accurate time period for it's resolution. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding to this matter. Rest assured that this has been brought to the attention of the appropriate team. 

Feel free to post again if further assistance is required. I'm happy to assist. 

Cheers, 

Cel

• Hi Celia

Thanks for your reply, as Mike_James said even when we follow all prompts & steps that you recommended  it does not fix the issue, obviously it is a MYOB glitch as if it was a Microsoft settings matter the actual Receipt date would be wrong too, the problem is regarding to the date of invoices that are part of the receipt. Anyway, we'll have to keep wainting until yopu guys hire a good & smart Tech employee  who can figure out a solution for this problem.

Kind regards

Karina

SDuddy
        Experienced User

So we've got an employee benefits button but no attention is being paid to basic stuff like emailing receipts and a correct date format?

Sharon268
    Contributing Cover User

There have been requests dating back before 2020 to get this issue resolved.  If MYOB believes that the lack of responses is a reflection of the need for this to change I think you don't realise that most people have simply given up.  It looks ridiculous when issuing a receipt with the correct date format on the date of the receipt but the incorrect format for the invoice itself - as well as extremely confusing.  Surely this isn't a massive issue to change??

This is basic functionality that should be provided and fixed as soon as it was identified.  Not ignored for at least 3 years.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Jill1,

Thank you for your post and my apologies for the late response. 

We've noted the issue with the date format on printed receipts displaying in the US format. Regrettably, we don't have an exact timeline for its resolution. For more information, you may find this help article helpful: "Changing the Date Format."

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
      Regards,
      Earl

SDuddy
        Experienced User

Earl_HD seriously, are you kidding with the "change the date format" link?  Nowhere else on any of our PCs is the date in US format, nowhere even in MYOB is it in US format, EXCEPT the receipts which print incorrectly and have done for years.  So it's great that you've noted the issue, but when are they actually going to do something about it?? 

I guess at the same time they are going to give us emailing receipt functionality.....