Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
3 years ago

GST on Purchases not displaying in details

When you go into Find Transactions, our Liability account for GST on purchases is not showing any data (I'm selecting our files entire date range), yet if you look at the accounts list there is a $ value in there.  Please advise.

• Hi WMack 

Could you please check if this account is currently a Detail Account, or is it a Header Account? I'd also suggest going to Lists > Tax codes > click into the GST code, is the linked account for tax paid selected there a different account than the one you were looking at? 

I'd also suggest going to the Transaction Journal window, locate any transactions recorded that paid GST, check the journal if the GST portion was posted to a different account at the time of recording.

• Hi WMack 

Numerous possibilities. Most likely:

• an opening balance was set under Setup > Balances > Account Opening Balances
    • A future dated transaction (try 1/1/1901 to 31/12/9998 in date range)
    • If the file was upgraded from  MYOB v19 originally, the transaction to that account may have been 'purged'

Regards

Gavin

WMack
      Experienced User

Thanks for the response but none of those suggestions worked.  Still leads the question of WHY the GST paid on purchases isn't showing in the details.  We started a new file with our new Subscription Premier 01/07/21.  Our old system (Plus) - GST Paid on Purchases was always showing at detail level in that one and our new file is set up exactly the same.  

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi WMack 

Could you please check if this account is currently a Detail Account, or is it a Header Account? I'd also suggest going to Lists > Tax codes > click into the GST code, is the linked account for tax paid selected there a different account than the one you were looking at? 

I'd also suggest going to the Transaction Journal window, locate any transactions recorded that paid GST, check the journal if the GST portion was posted to a different account at the time of recording.