Forum Discussion

Rebecca711
Experienced User
5 months ago

Non Inventory Items

How do I track sales and purchasing for a non inventory item

• Hi Rebecca711 

Use the Item reports on the Sales tab rather than the reports on the inventory tab. Use the filters to isolate the Items you need.

Regards

Gavin

Rebecca711
      Experienced User

Thank you for that Gavin, unfortunately our Retail Staff do not have time to run around in MYOB to search while they are serving customers.  I have sent second post with a bit more detail of what I require.

Shella_A
        MYOB Staff

Hi Rebecca711,

I appreciate your post. If an item hasn't been set up with 'Inventory This Item' and it's been used in transactions, the system won't have tracked this. So, it can't work out the current value or quantity available. This means you can't turn on 'I Inventory This Item' for an existing item. When you create an item, you can choose to sell it. If you do, you can pick that item in the 'Enter Sales' window using an item layout and input quantities. If 'I Inventory This Item' isn't checked, the system won't track the item quantities, and it won't calculate the cost of sales.

You can see inventory reports in the Inventory report group (just go to the Inventory command center and click the Reports button). Depending on the report and the filters you choose, you can report on any item you buy, sell, or inventory. For more details, you might find this article about inventory reports helpful.

Let me know how you'd go on this and if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella