Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Online Payment Invoice is 50% paid, however indicates to client they have paid in full?

Hi all,

Our terms for this particluar client was 50% payment then a following 50%.

Because MYOB doesn't allow customers to pay a percentage of the total invoice, we reduced the amount by giving a discount of 50%.

The client succesfully paid the 50% via online payments.  We then removed the 50% discount on the invoice which showed the total amount of the sale.

We now require the client to pay the remaining balance.

However the Online invoice states that the TOTAL amount has been PAID?, yet when you check the incoice or view the receipt it states only 50% has been paid and there is still $4,317.50 owing.

As you can see below it indicates PAID, but it is not.

Sure, I can just say "please ignore this wording you still owe the balance" but it is not very professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to resolve this and possibly indicate if we have missed a way to offer clients ways to pay off invoices via c/card with ease.

Mark

• Hi MandE , from this and previous questions, I believe that once an invoice goes online for payment, there is no check back for any changes to the invoice or customer. So I suggest you reinstate the discount, and create a new invoice for the 2nd payment.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi MandE , from this and previous questions, I believe that once an invoice goes online for payment, there is no check back for any changes to the invoice or customer. So I suggest you reinstate the discount, and create a new invoice for the 2nd payment.