Forum Discussion

AMF101
Contributing Cover User
6 days ago

Payment cannot be deleted

Hi

A staff member created an invoice for a cash sale, however I think the payment was made directly to the Cash Drawer instead of ticking the Undeposited Funds box, I cannot be certain about this.

The funds were sitting in the Cash Drawer Bank Account.

I thought I would just do a general journal to move from the cash drawer bank account to our working account, however this created a negative figure in the Prepare Bank Deposit. I have since deleted this journal.

I tried to delete the payment against the invoice, however the option to do this is not available to me. I am an Administrator with full authority to do everything and the check box is unticked under security which allows for deletion. As I could not delete the payment, I reversed the payment.

Now the reversal is sitting as a negative figure in the Prepare Bank Deposit. The Cash Drawer account shows both a debit (the initial payment) and a credit (the reversal), however there is still the negative amount showing as the current balance of this account.

I then tried to delete the now unpaid invoice and receive an error message that a sale with payments applied may not be deleted.

Why can't I just delete the payment and why did the journal and the payment reversal create a figure in the prepare bank deposit

I just need the payment deleted, so I can start again. How can I fix this

Thanks

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AMF101,

It's interesting how you are unable to delete the transaction even with administrator access. It might be best to understand how the transactions are recorded to know what's hindering you from deleting it. I recommend opening each transaction related to the invoice and recapping them to understand how it was recorded. Knowing this information will make way on finding a solution to your invoice payment. 

Let us know if you require any further help with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve