Forum Discussion

Tango
Contributing User
4 years ago

To Do List Accounts Payable defaulting to cheque

Hi All, When choosing the Accounts Payable listing in the To Do List to pay suppliers, I thought you could check the box of the invoices to be paid and as I have set up the bank account to be linked...
    Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi Tango 

I would have a guess that Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking - the Bank Account for Electronic Payments is not listed as 1-1111 Electronic Clearing Account. Here is why I think that:

• The Bank Account for Electronic Payments shouldn't appear in the Pay From Account list in the Prepare Electronic Payments.
    • Even if you didn't select Electronic Payment in the Pay Bills but do have the appropriate set Pay from Account you would get the statement text field in that window, not the payee.

I would recommend reviewing what account you have listed as the Bank Account for Electronic Payments (Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking). You would want to set that account to that 1-1111 Electronic Clearing account OR set the Bank Account for Paying Bills in the Purchases Linked Account to be that listed account.