Forum Discussion

ctmddg
Experienced User
3 years ago

trouble exporting to excel

I am trying to export an excel report and attached message is returning.  It has been happening for sometime.  I have worked around it by exporting to CSV but I should be able to export to excel from MYOB without a glitch?

Error message:  C:\users\public\documents\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\reports\spreadsheet\SALITMD.XLT

• Hi ctmddg

Thanks for your post. When you export a report to Excel, AccountRight uses an Excel report template to display your report. If the template for your report is missing, an error like this will display like the one you've mentioned. 

To fix this you'll need to uninstall then reinstall AccountRight. This will restore your Excel templates with the default ones that come with AccountRight. Please note that if you've edited any of the Excel templates, take a copy of the edited templates before uninstalling AccountRight.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Hi ctmddg

Thanks for your post. When you export a report to Excel, AccountRight uses an Excel report template to display your report. If the template for your report is missing, an error like this will display like the one you've mentioned. 

To fix this you'll need to uninstall then reinstall AccountRight. This will restore your Excel templates with the default ones that come with AccountRight. Please note that if you've edited any of the Excel templates, take a copy of the edited templates before uninstalling AccountRight.

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

ctmddg
      Experienced User

Hi Melissa, thanks for responding to my cry for help!  Turns out the latest update fixed my issue before I had the chance to reinstall - excel back to behaving itself now. :)