Forum Discussion

janep
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago

When emailing a purchase order. The email address shows as an invalid email address.

We are unable to email PO where the email address contains an "&" and "."

We are currently emailing to ourselves and then forwarding

Why is the email showing as invalid when trying to send from MYOB?

• Hi janep 

Thank you for your reply.

Having investigated this further, the & in the email address would be the cause of that message. Personally I have not come across an email address with ampersands in it. However following some research they do exist, but most email systems will only allow for standard English Characters(A-Z), numbers 0-9 or dashes (-) to be setup. So while it is a valid email address, AccountRight will currently not allow it, but it is something I will pass on to the relevant team to have a look at further.

In the meantime, I would recommend speaking to that particular client and see if they do have a different email address that can be used.

Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi janep 

Thank you for your post.

From my understanding, the characters you have provided should not be causing an invalid email message. Instead, when you get a message that an email address is invalid, it generally means that you have not separated the addresses by a semicolon without spaces. Please have a look and let me know if that is the case you are receiving this message, however if it is not we will investigate the matter further for you.

janep
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Jesh

When emailing it pops up in a red box ERROR  ... is not a valid email address

We can use the same email address when emailing the supplier direct from Outlook

Not sure why MYOB will not recognise the email?

Regards

Jane

Jesh_D
        Former Staff

Hi janep 

Thank you for your reply.

Having investigated this further, the & in the email address would be the cause of that message. Personally I have not come across an email address with ampersands in it. However following some research they do exist, but most email systems will only allow for standard English Characters(A-Z), numbers 0-9 or dashes (-) to be setup. So while it is a valid email address, AccountRight will currently not allow it, but it is something I will pass on to the relevant team to have a look at further.

In the meantime, I would recommend speaking to that particular client and see if they do have a different email address that can be used.