Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Employee information error WHM

I am employing a working holiday maker and when I lodged her pay I ticked that she was claiming Tax free threshold instead of being a working holiday maker.

I am now getting the error:  CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000295

The Tax Treatment code Working Holiday Maker must have a valid Income stream type

I have updated her a a WHM but do now know where the valid income stream type is to be adjusted.

Thanks for any assistance

Julie

• Hi Jmac13 - thanks for the question.

You will need to specify the Income Type for the employee - you'll find this in their employee card (Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > open the employee's card > Payroll Details tab > Taxes > Income Type. When you set this to Working holiday maker, you will also need to select their Country of origin.

Then, the next time you pay the employee, their year-to-date payroll totals will be submitted successfully to the ATO.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

• Hi Jmac13 - thanks for the question.

You will need to specify the Income Type for the employee - you'll find this in their employee card (Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > open the employee's card > Payroll Details tab > Taxes > Income Type. When you set this to Working holiday maker, you will also need to select their Country of origin.

Then, the next time you pay the employee, their year-to-date payroll totals will be submitted successfully to the ATO.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

Jmac13

Thanks for your help.  I had done part of that but not all of it.