Forum Discussion

SGall
Experienced User
4 years ago

EOY Finalisation

Hi Team

As of 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021 we were trading on an ABN, as of 01.07.2021 we changed ABN and the business changed into a company and ceased trading as a trustee.  I finalised EOY under the old trustee name.  I then requested ATO to change settings for the new ABN, and company name.  

I then had to do an EOY adjustments to 7 staff only, I restored backup and proceeded to make changes, removed them from finalisation and did a finalisation again.  I noted that the submission or verification report is in the new ABN and Company Name.  How to I advise ATO that the submitted ones is for the old ABN? 

Is there a way of doing an online submission via the ATO portal?

SGall
    4 years ago

Hi Tracey

We have resolved this, we had to rolled back the STP settings to the old ABN, remove from finalisation, then redo pays at '0' value, double check figures tally with MYOB, then set it as final again.  We succeeded.

We will revert to the new company with the new ABN by doing another ATO request for change. Thanks you so much.

• Hi SGall 

Thanks for your post. I'd recommend speaking to the ATO to see if there's some way to fix this from their end.

If you do need to do this through your software please let me know and we'll go through it.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

SGall
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey

We have resolved this, we had to rolled back the STP settings to the old ABN, remove from finalisation, then redo pays at '0' value, double check figures tally with MYOB, then set it as final again.  We succeeded.

We will revert to the new company with the new ABN by doing another ATO request for change. Thanks you so much.