Forum Discussion

BillJ
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

Preventing leave from accruing on unpaid leave

I have just set up an 'Unpaid leave" wage category as per instructions on Myob. I'm having trouble with exempting the wage category from accruing Annual, Sick & Long Service leave. When I select it for exemption under the entitlement category it brings up an error "EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNo HourlyWages" . I have also tried the Browser version as well with a similar error message.

I have attached the Payroll category set up below

Our Myob software is AccountRight & we use time sheets to calculate our pays.

regards 

Bill Jeffrey

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BillJ,

It sounds like you're having trouble preventing leave from accruing on unpaid leave.

To exempt the wage category from accruing Annual, Sick and Long Service leave using AccountRight, go to Payroll Categories>>Entitlement>>Click on the blue arrow for the accrual and click on exempt then tick the unpaid leave.

Regards,

Sai

BillJ
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the reply, however that is where I'm getting the error message. I follow the instructions as per your reply and then get the error 'EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages' & the exemption doesn't hold. 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there BillJ,

In addition to what Sai mentioned above, this error message generally means that one or more wage categories that are trying to be excluded from the entitlement aren’t set as hourly categories. After ensuring that the entitlements' linked wage category is set to an hourly basis, not a salary basis, you will need to refresh the entitlement in the background by following the steps given below: 

• Take note of the percentage figure.
    • Click Equals "hours per pay period"
    • Click Equals % percent of gross hours
    • Click OK.

Best regards,

Doreen

BillJ
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Doreen,

That seems to have worked!

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey BillJ,

I'm glad that it did work on your end! If you encounter any issues in the future, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen