Forum Discussion

wenlow
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago

Removing payroll categories from an employees card

MYOB have just sent an email saying how terrific they are with all the new payroll features - on boarding etc and that they are going to increase the subscription.  And that is fine.  What really annoys me is that we have been asking them for years to be able to remove a pay category from an employees card.  Hospitality categories change all the time according to age and position - so now John Smith who has been with us since he was 16 in 2018 has over 15 categories attached to his card - it is confusing and I would really like MYOB to at least acknowledge there is a problem.  No more gimicky features please MYOB until you have fixed this systemic fault in the program.  

• Hi met 

Thanks for your post. As mentioned previously when a payroll category has been used on a pay it won't be possible to delete this as this would corrupt previous records where this category has been used. If the wage category is no longer in use, you could rename it and add zzz to the front of the wage category name. This would put it at the bottom of the similar typed wage categories, which would help make it more obvious that the wage category wasn’t being used. That being said I have passed your additional feedback to the team.

• Hi wenlow 

Thanks for your post. When a payroll category has been used on a pay it won't be possible to delete this as this would corrupt previous records where this category has been used. If the wage category is no longer in use, you could rename it and add zzz to the front of the wage category name. This would put it at the bottom of the similar typed wage categories, which would help make it more obvious that the wage category wasn’t being used.

wenlow
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you for replying to me Yanike

met
      Experienced Cover User

We have the same problem. A staffer used to be Hrly paid but now on salary, both categories come up when we are processing his pay which can lead to double payment.

Surely there is a way to disable that category from appearing on the current pays?

Yanike_S
        MYOB Staff

Hi met 

Thanks for your post. As mentioned previously when a payroll category has been used on a pay it won't be possible to delete this as this would corrupt previous records where this category has been used. If the wage category is no longer in use, you could rename it and add zzz to the front of the wage category name. This would put it at the bottom of the similar typed wage categories, which would help make it more obvious that the wage category wasn’t being used. That being said I have passed your additional feedback to the team.