Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Unused Annual Leave Payout

Hi,

When STP Phase 2 was set up, we put "Unused Annual Leave" with the "Lump Sum A - Termination" category.

The client then paid out accrued annual leave for a terminating employee using this pay item. It was just general annual leave that was accrued during the employee's employment. The employee voluntarily terminated and found a new job.

I'm looking at the STP finalisation and I believe this amount being processed as the "Lump Sum A - Termination" category is incorrect. Are my assumptions correct?

If I do change the pay item in MYOB Accountright and send a STP update to the ATO, will this create errors?

What do I need to do to update this?

• Resolved: There were no issues in just updating the payroll STP category to the correct "unused leave on termination" category for a voluntary cessation in MYOB's accountright payroll categories. 

After I updated this in MYOB, I sent an STP update event via MYOB's single touch payroll reporting page for client. Once the STP event has been accepted, STP reports show up with the unused annual leave payout in the correct place on STP reports. No issues.

See attached ATO STP payroll categories for future employee terminations: https://www.ato.gov.au/business/single-touch-payroll/in-detail/single-touch-payroll-phase-2-employer-reporting-guidelines/?page=6

It's taken me a lot of research to do this while waiting for MYOB to reply to me with a solution. I assume everyone at MYOB was super busy.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi REM1 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

Sorry for the delay in response.

Glad to hear that it has been resolved. Please feel free to post again if further assistance is needed. We'll be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Doreen