Forum Discussion

Tash2019
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

URGENT - Direct Entry User ID / APCA

Can someone please help urgently 

We have changed our bank account to Macquarie. I have updated the details under the accounts section including the Direct Entry User ID but the payment file returns with several errors:

"File contains a balancing account that is not in your nominated list of accounts"

"File contains a trace account that is not included in your nominated list of accounts"

"File uploaded isnt a valid format"

I have to pay 200 staff today. Macquarie bank say there should be a second section in MYOB that I need to enter the Direct Entry ID but I can't find anything listed on the forum about this, only the accounts section.

I am currently on hold with MYOB and have been for 1 hour 22 mins.

Please help :(

• Hi Tash2019 

Thanks for your post. The only Direct Entry User ID field is in the Accounts List>>open the bank account funds will be withdrawn from>>Banking tab. This is the field used when creating the ABA file. I'd check with your bank if a self-balancing transaction is required as this might be causing the errors.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.