Forum Discussion

tkshelp
Experienced User
2 years ago

changing the company file ID

we have two subscriptions with one serial number now.

we can not upload the copy of existing online company file but they have the same company file id which is 1. 

we need to change the offline or online company file id number from 1 to any number so we can upload the other one.

Sam_R
    2 years ago

Hi tkshelp,

Apologies for the delay!

I have just replied to you via private message with further steps on changing the CFID.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi tkshelp,

I'd be happy to assist with this. 

Could you please send me a private message with the following details:

• Serial number
    • Business file name 
    • Your name + email
      tkshelp
      Experienced User

Hi I have messaged to you but no reply . When can i get the answers . thanks

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi tkshelp,

Apologies for the delay!

I have just replied to you via private message with further steps on changing the CFID.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• I think we are having the same issue.

Can someone help me change a company file ID , please?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TiredofWaiting 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! The company file ID of a file is generated when a file is first activated on a serial number. For example, the first file you would activate on a serial number would have the company file ID 1, the second file ID 2...  This is a unique record attached to the file and is not able to be changed by the user. You can check the company file ID of a file via Help>>About AccountRight>>Company File ID.

Regards,
        Earl