Forum Discussion

4 years ago

How to record claiming too much GST collected and paid

How to record claiming too much GST collected and paid

• Hi CC5353 

Thanks for your post. If you have reported the incorrect figures on your BAS you will need to speak to your accountant about how to lodge an amendment. This will depend on whether you are in the adjustment period allowed by the ATO. This help article explains how to amend a BAS in AccountRight: Prepare your activity statement online

Once you have completed the amendment you would record the payment/refund as per normal: Recording your ATO payment or credit

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

• Hi CC5353 

Thanks for your post. If you have reported the incorrect figures on your BAS you will need to speak to your accountant about how to lodge an amendment. This will depend on whether you are in the adjustment period allowed by the ATO. This help article explains how to amend a BAS in AccountRight: Prepare your activity statement online

Once you have completed the amendment you would record the payment/refund as per normal: Recording your ATO payment or credit

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.