Forum Discussion

caroleob
Experienced Partner
24 days ago

MYOB payroll register and STP Finalisation report don't match prefilled figures in ATO BAS

We finalised our 2024 FY payroll in early July and our payroll register figures matches the STP Finalisation report to the cent.  However, when we lodged our BAS for the Apr- Jun quarter this week, the numbers preloaded by the ATO for gross pays and PAYG did not match.  It looks like a pay reversal did not go through to the ATO, but it is reflected in our STP2 numbers from MYOB.  I remember completing an update event to ensure that the figures all matched, when running a final payroll in June - but clearly, something went wrong.  It is now late August and I have no idea how this could have happened or what to do to fix it. 

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi caroleob,

I understand how concerning it can be when discrepancies arise between your MYOB records and the ATO's pre-filled figures, especially after you've taken the necessary steps to ensure accuracy. 

You can delete the draft of your BAS and set it up again. When you recreate it, ensure that the linked payroll categories are set up correctly. This can help to pull in the correct figures from your MYOB data, including the updates you made.

Alternatively, you can manually adjust the figures in the relevant boxes on your BAS to reflect the correct gross pays and PAYG withholding amounts. This will allow you to lodge the BAS with the correct figures, despite the discrepancy.

Regards,

Sai