Forum Discussion

tomoz
Experienced Cover User
16 days ago

Closing Financial Year and File Management

Using AR 2024.8  I recently closed the financial year and checked on my pc that it now shows 2025 as expected.  When logging on to the desktop version I have under Recently opened company files File...
    16 days ago

Hi tomoz 

MYOB does some 'weird' things when in comes to the 'Recently opened company files' list. Note that these are just 'shortcuts' they are not files. You can delete entries from this list by right click > delete.

As for what MYOB displays, depends if it is an online file or an offline file. Sometimes MYOB displays the company name inside the file, sometimes it display the actual file name (xxx2018.myox). There seems to be no consistency between what is displayed. As after you 'restore' a file online, the original shortcut no longer works. You need to delete it and use Open. Once the file is opened using this method, a new shortcut is created.

Not sure what role the cache file plays here, and neither are the moderators it seems. It is the standard 'go to' response for most issues.

To avoid opening the wrong file, don't use the 'Recently opened company files' shortcut, use Open to navigate to the correct file.

Regards

Gavin