Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Suggestion for Program Developer - Regarding "Job" in Payroll

I have a suggestion for the program developer to consider. When processing payroll, we currently need to enter the "job" after each amount. The procedure is as follows:

1. Click the Job window.
  2. Click the three little dots on the right-hand side.
  3. Scroll down the payee list.
  4. Find the payee by their surname first.
  5. Click the one whose first name and surname match.

If 8 amounts need to be entered into the payslip, this procedure has to be repeated 8 times, which is very time-consuming and frustrating.

It would be much easier if we could enter the first letter of the payee's surname (e.g., "S" for "Smith") in the Job window. Then, all surnames starting with "S" would be displayed, allowing us to quickly select the correct surname. For example, after typing "S," all payees with a surname starting with "S" would be shown, and we could simply click on "Smith", all payees with the surname "Smith" would be shown, then we click  "Anna Smith" to complete the task. This change would save a lot of time while processing payroll.

I've spoken to the help desk multiple times about this suggestion, and while they agreed with it, they mentioned that they couldn't escalate it themselves and that I would need to do so. As a very popular accounting software, user-friendliness should be one of the top priorities. Therefore, I hope the program developers will seriously consider this suggestion.

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JoJoba1999,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the "job" entry process in payroll. To ensure that your idea is considered by our development team, we recommend posting it on our Ideas Exchange board. This platform allows other members to vote on your suggestion, which helps our developers prioritize features that are most important to our users. 

Feel free to share suggestions or reach out if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Cheers,

MYOB