Forum Discussion

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago

Trouble restoring old backup file

Hi MYOB 

I am having trouble restoring an old file to review details. I have a backup for from 2022 for a closed business file and I cant seem to restore it and review the data. 

I am able to follow the steps to 'restore a backup' and then I am prompted to update the file which I select YES to. 

However as the file updates the program just closes and nothing happens.

When I got back in and look in "My Library" I can see the upgraded files and when I select it again it says to upgrade it again. The same thing happens and the program just closes. 

I even get a message that the upgrade has been succesful do you want to open the file and when I select yes the program then closes down. 

I get no error messages at all just the program shutting down.

• Hi ntoumba

Thanks for posting your concern. We appreciate your effort in attaching screenshots to better explain your concern. 

I understand how important the ability to access backup data is. For us to check on this, please send us the latest copy of your diagnostic log after attempting to open the again. 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

ntoumba
      Experienced Cover User

HI Genreve_S,

Thanks for your reply - unfortunatley i cannot access the link you provided.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ntoumba

Thanks for the response. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties opening the link. Here is the screenshot of the instructions from the same link you are unable to access. 

Feel free to reply with the attached diagnostic log file. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
        Genreve

• Hello GFMYOB 

I didnt do a recent backup of Myob before our company file was transferred to our new company, fortunately our accountants did. They sent me a copy of the file via email. I have saved it to my computer but get a message 'the file you have chosen is not an Account Right Plus file'

Could i please get some help to save it properly so that i can access it??

Kind Regards.