Forum Discussion

Sinclair
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

Unable to restore backup file locally

We have to backup our online file daily and restore in order to export our sales (apparently the file is too big and the export wont run while using the live file.)

Today we have followed the same process and received backup completed successfully notification, however when I try to restore the backup locally I get the error : Errors were found during the restore process. Please try again.  When I click ok it tells me the company file I selected wasn't found.

I cleared the cache and ran the backup again, same error.

We have tried on multiple computers, same error.

Can anyone help?

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sinclair

This issue can be quite frustrating sometimes. To resolve it, try backing up the file locally on the computer where the file is stored, rather than using the network library. This approach can also affect restoring to a network library.

If the issue persists, please refer to this help article for more detailed instructions on how to fix it AccountRight library service issues.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Sinclair 

If suggestion by Earl_HD does not resolve the matter, perhaps try MYOX Services. They can help check the backup to see if it is indeed a Library issue. They can also help purge the old transactions and reduce the file to a manageable size, without having to start a new file. This might save repeatedly backing up and restoring etc.

Regards

Gavin

Sinclair
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Gavin, uninstalling MYOB and reinstalling has done the trick.

Our file is large and could do with a purge- is MYOX services a part of MYOB or is it a third party?