Forum Discussion

whatever1570
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago

Aged Receivables Report Saved Settings Not Saved

Hi,

I have created an Aged Receivables [Summary] report and selected "All" customers to be visible. The report shows aged amounts for all customers. I then save the report to use each month. My problem is that when I run the saved report, the "customers" label shows "selected" instead of "all" and only about 25% of customers show in the report.

For the date selected all customers should be showing with invoiced amounts not yet paid. Any help on where I might be going wrong. Thanks.

• Hi whatever1570 

I've tried to replicate your situation and my saved report is filtering by ALL customers. If you create and save this report again (with a new name) does it filter correctly?

As you said 'for the date selected' can I also clarify what information you are wanting from the report.  The Aged Receivables report displays ALL open invoices and ages them according to the date you select.  The Receivables Reconciliation report displays open invoices up to the selected date.  Generally speaking you would use the reconcilation report to track outstanding/overdue invoices.

Please let me know how you go with this.

whatever1570
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your detailed response. I have tried saving the report with a different name and have the same issue. What I am looking for is a quick way to see customers who have overdue accounts and how much overdue they are. I generally run this report at the beginning of the month and provide it to our team so they can contact those who have not paid on time (i.e. by the last day of the previous month).

The aged receivables report gives me the information I need but I can't seem to work out why when I run it from My Custom Reports, it defaults to "Selected" customers when it was saved with "All" customers. The selected customers represent about 25% of all customers and the customers selected don't make any sense as to why they were selected.

If this can't be resolved I can easily run the report as a new report each time rather than a saved report and it will provide what I need. Thanks again.

Regards,

Peter

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

whatever1570 

Hi Peter

As that report is still not displaying correctly for you, can you try clearing the AccountRight cache.  This can resolve problems with reports and other odd behaviour.

Please let me know if this works for you.