Forum Discussion

SteveFen
Cover User
12 months ago

Crashing when adding an attachment to spend money

I keep getting the below error message when trying to add an attachment to a spend money, does anyone one have any advice on what to do

AccountRight Application Error Report

=====================================

Application Version: 2023.8.1.2

Application File Version: 2023.8.1.2

Incident Id: 3ea29400-5492-4a20-b943-a44fae90046d

Time: Saturday, 14 October 2023 10:12:25 AM

Code:

System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace

----------------------------------------

1 : System.NullReferenceException

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Windows.Forms!0x06006d42!System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WindowClass.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) +0x1b

==========

MODULE: System.Windows.Forms => System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; G:48ce7e20d04d40b891f781e81f756d44; A:1

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SteveFen,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. 

This error arises when AccountRight encounters an obstacle in carrying out a task. Typically, it occurs due to a temporary disruption, and you can resolve it by restarting AccountRight to resume your work. In some instances, this error may occur when expected information is absent, leaving AccountRight uncertain about how to proceed. 

We would also recommend to clear your AccountRight cache to fix this issue: Clearing the AccountRight Cache

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

SteveFen
      Cover User

I have cleared the cache but still having the same issue it happens when i go to in tray and create a spend money and i then go back into attachments to add another file usually a bank eft conformation.  After adding the file another window automatically opens again to add another file which then causes it to crash

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SteveFen,

Thank you for confirming, and I apologize for the delay in my response. I have sent you a private message to collect additional information that will aid us in resolving the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl