Forum Discussion

AMOBRIEN
Contributing Cover User
30 days ago

UND FUNDS not ticked, can't change, how to bank?.....

Hi All

This is my first time using this, so forgive me if I forget to add something. Has anything changed recently which has stopped the ability to change the account that a sale is deposited into, if the salesperson has forgotten to tick the Undeposited Funds box?? I called MYOB - sat on call for ages, no resolution. 
We feel like we recently used to be able to just use the dropdown box to change it from Cheque Account to Undeposited Funds. I have been just able to do that with 2 cash payments in fact, but attached are 3 transactions that we CAN'T change:

#1 ISSUE is that I can't bank the cash because they aren't in the Bank Deposit window & I can't get them to that screen unless I change them to Undeposited Funds. So as they sit at the moment, it looks like they are already in the Cheque Account, but they aren't.
Does TRANSFER FROM DEPOSITS have anything to do with why the necessary buttons are grey instead of blue? That's the only difference that the MYOB lady on the phone and myself could find between transactions that could be changed and these 2 that couldn't. 

#2 ISSUE is that if the payment type is entered wrong (which it often is), we can't change that either.

The only suggestion that the MYOB lady had was to delete them all and start again! But she couldn't explain why some were like it and some weren't, and why this has only become an issue very recently.

Please someone have an answer :)

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi AMOBRIEN , the "transfers from deposit" entries are made automatically by MYOB when a sales order, on which payments have been recorded, is converted to an invoice. Those transactions cannot be changed or deleted.

If the cash received should not be in the cheque account, and you cannot change that deposit, record a spend money (same date) on the cheque account and allocate it to the undeposited funds account. Then it will appear on the bank deposit screen and can be included in a bank deposit. 

AMOBRIEN
      Contributing Cover User

That's great! Thanks so much for your help - I will give it a go now. Cheers heaps