Forum Discussion

normbay1
Contributing User
2 months ago

Copying a GJ for a new transaction

what is the best way to copy a general journal for a new similar transaction?

I used to do 'Record and Duplicate' but then the new transaction seems to have the same GJ number as the old transaction, and sometimes overwrites it.

How do I get the system to generate a new GJ number once I have changed the date and amounts in the journal?

Or do I have to find a new GJ number that has not been used yet, manually??

Confused by this.

normbay1
    Contributing User

Thank you for pointing me to these articles, Earl.

If they had answered my question adequately I would not have posted it here.

When I use 'Record and Duplicate' after finding a transaction I want to use as a template, the GJ number does not change in the top right hand corner when I change the date and start editing the amounts.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi normbay1,

My apologies and thanks for your prompt response. We have an online script that we can arrange on the backend to fix this issue. I recommend reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA. It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a try!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. If MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is ready to pick up where MOCA left off.

Regards,
      Earl

normbay1
        Contributing User

It is now working again, so I will not trouble MOCA.

Perhaps it is related to earlier problems I have experienced (at the weekend) when GJs are not even saved.