Forum Discussion

7 days ago

Incorrectly auto matched bank transactions

I have 2 bank transactions that have automatically allocated to bills incorrectly. 

When I click unmatch the transaction shows its not allocated but these bills are still marked as paid.  Is there any way of removing the transaction record from the bill so I can match with the correct payment?

I also have another bank transaction that I am trying to allocate to multiple bills (done many times) but I am receiving the following error:  "A rounding issue has occurred on a line where the amount has been manually adjusted. Please delete the line, add a new line, and try again"

The bills balance to the payment. I have been into each bill and checked the amounts for any rounding and deleted unnecessary lines.  Is there a fix for this so I can allocate the payment of these bills?

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kristy_c,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Dealing with errors while matching bank transactions can be a bit of a hassle. If you find that transactions were automatically matched to the wrong bills, you’ll need to unmatch them, which you’ve already done. These transactions will now show as not allocated. However, if the bills are still marked as paid, you’ll need to manually delete the payment from each bill. This step is necessary to ensure the bills are no longer marked as paid and can be correctly matched with the right payment.

For the error when allocating multiple bills, I found a thread that might offer a solution similar to your issue. If you need more help with matching your transactions, I recommend reaching out directly to our support team for more assistance.

Cheers,

Princess