Forum Discussion

paulgoulding
Experienced User
4 months ago

Dashboard - Superannuation Payable

Does anyone know why this figure doesn't reduce? I pay the super every quarter, however, the figure on the dashboard doesn't reflect the payments I have made. The figure on my dashboard is a big number, but I can see payments have been made, so the figure should be much smaller. Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

• MYOB stuffed up the settings. Go into the Payroll settings and change the linked account from PAYG to Superannuation Payable. I have only just done this myself

paulgoulding
      Experienced User

Thanks, I think I’ve just changed it correctly. How long does it take for the dashboard to update?

Twiggy77

Paul did it ever update on your dashboard? I'm having the same issue. $0 balance for superannuation payable on the balance sheet but not on the dashboard 

• Hi Ian,

if you go into all the superannuation pay items (even though you dont/havent used them) make sure they are selected to your superannuation liability account rather than the default setting of myob being the Payg liaiblity account. hope this fixes your problem as I have just reallocated mine & it has made the superannuation liability amount on the dashboard the figure it should be :-)

paulgoulding
      Experienced User

This is still unresolved for me. I'm confused when the knowledgebase article, and the message  above says "all of the superannuation pay items". There is only one superannuation pay item, it is called superannuation guranteee. See attached. I've run the report and the number looks correct, but the dashboard is still incorrect.

Not sure what else to try, so frustrating. Has anyone else got this issue?

Thanks

Paul

rockyp1912

Hi Paul,

For each item in the superannuation tab (whether you use it or not), you need to change the linked account. That means for each of "employee additional", "employer additional" ... and so on you need to click them and make the linked payable category the "superannuation payable" account because by default it is set to PAYG. 

Hope that helps