Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Payroll and accrued leave

Hi there, it has just come to my attention after several months that a new permanent  employee was set up without their correct annual and personal leave boxes added to their payroll. 

How can I correct this after so long? Do I have to go back and delete each pay run and redo it?

• Hi Justinoosa2

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. I understand how important it is that the accrued leave hours are all correct. You don't need to delete and redo all payroll transactions for that employee. You will need to link the employee to the leave categories and do a void pay run (zero values for everything except the entitlements, adding the total amount accrued for the past period) to adjust the accrued leave. I suggest reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This would show the process of adjusting instead of redoing the whole pay run. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

• Hi Justinoosa2

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. I understand how important it is that the accrued leave hours are all correct. You don't need to delete and redo all payroll transactions for that employee. You will need to link the employee to the leave categories and do a void pay run (zero values for everything except the entitlements, adding the total amount accrued for the past period) to adjust the accrued leave. I suggest reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This would show the process of adjusting instead of redoing the whole pay run. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Richard1052
      Contributing User

Hi,

I too have just discovered a couple of employees who I did not add annual and personal leave, and therefore have not been accruing leave since they started. I found out when I added annual leave to their file and after the payrun, saw annual leave accrued for the fortnight equalled their YTD amount.

My question is if I do a void pay run, do I simply enter missing amount of annual and personal leave and that will be added on to the amount that they have just accrued?

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Richard1052,

Yes, once you update the employee's card to include the correct annual and personal leave settings, the system will automatically accrue the missing leave balances for those employees from the date they started. This will ensure that the correct amounts of leave are reflected moving forward.

Regards,

Sai