Forum Discussion

7 days ago

Payments recieved do not match invoice

I have issued invoices to customers with a 7 day payment term. They pay online and money is deposited into my nominated bank account. Trouble is lately the amount invoiced and the amount received and recorded automatically in MYOB is way different. Sometimes half of the original amount. This then triggers an auto reminder to the customer that the balance is outstanding.

Eg. Invoiced amount =                               $900

Amount received into my bank account= $900

MYOB ledger shows - amount received=  $485

Reminder sent, with pay now balance of   $415

This has happened in 3 of the last 20 invoices.

What's going wrong??

I've never had this since I joined many years ago.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DaveDrumDr,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing might be related to online payment fees or a reconciliation error. To resolve this, you'll need to check if payment fees are being deducted automatically. Once confirmed, follow the steps in Reconciling Online Invoice Payments to ensure these fees are properly accounted for and your payments are reconciled correctly.

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl,

Thanks for this detailed reply. After going through and checking all of these settings are correct, I think there is a random anomoly happening. As stated, when this random event/glitch happens, the difference between the invoiced amount and the payment received into my nominated bank account is nearly half the invoiced amount. This account has been operating happliy for more than 5 years using the same bank accounts and criteria, so I'm thinking it may be a software bug or Russian bot?? My point is that surely I'm not the only person to be reporting this. If it was happening on most/all of my transactions, I'd agree that there is a setting that may have changed without me noticing, but this is a random 1 in 20 event.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DaveDrumDr,

This may require individual assistance on the backend. You can create a support ticket at myaccount.myob.com, and our support team will check it for you.

Regards,
        Earl