Forum Discussion

WhitmanHolmes
Experienced Cover User
10 days ago

Card File Bank Detail Error

I have recently added a new supplier. The way their bank details format in the NAB.ABA file is wrong and the file gets rejected every time I use NAB Connect platform to upload a payment file. They are set up the same as every other supplier.

I contacted NAB, they have advised the issue is in the formatting and I need MYOB to look into it.

When I remove the supplier from the payment batch the payment goes through without issue.

When I make payment for this supplier via online banking there is no issue with their details and the payment is received.

Please help me with the formatting issue as I don't want to have to do 2 separate payments when processing a payrun.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WhitmanHolmes

This is quite unusual. Could you please check the supplier’s details to ensure the BSB and account number are correct, with no spaces or special characters? I also recommend clearing your AccountRight cache before making any changes.

If the issue persists, you can try using our virtual assistant, MOCA. It’s designed to help with issues like this. You can access MOCA at myob.com/support for assistance. If MOCA isn’t able to resolve the issue, our live chat team will be ready to assist further.

Regards,
    Earl

WhitmanHolmes
    Experienced Cover User

Thanks for your email.

I have checked the suppliers bank details and can confirm the set up is correct. MYOB automatically put a "-" in the BSB.

NAB showed me where the break in the line code was in the NAB.ABA file and attempted to help me fix the incorrect spacing. This didn't work. At this stage I have no payments for this supplier for my next pay run so I'm unable to do a dummy run to show the break.

I'm not familiar with MOCA and found myself stuck in a loop trying to find MYOB support before I came to the community page.

WhitmanHolmes
    Experienced Cover User

I have attached the file with the continued issue. NAB showed me how to save it to a .txt file from the NAB Connect platform.

You can see the line item with the break in the coding.

Can you help me flag this with support?

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi WhitmanHolmes,

This issue might need individual assistance on the backend to be resolved. I recommend creating a support ticket by visiting myaccount.myob.com. Once your ticket is submitted, our support team can investigate the issue further.

Regards,
      Earl